Do I need underlay?8th February 2017
You don’t buy carpet very often but walk on it every day
Nothing compares to a lovely soft warm carpet under your feet, and now with worry free bleach cleanable carpets, extra heavy and incredibly durable New Zealand wool carpets, there’s simply no substitute in terms of the warmth, comfort and safety of carpet… as long as you make the right choice!
With so many different styles on offer we thought we’d help you choose the best carpet for your home with a few pointers;
- Consider the room you’re choosing carpet for, is it a heavy traffic area? Will a short pile wool twist be better or a man made thick saxony?
- There are many different types of carpet, choosing what’s best for you should be based on its look and feel of course, but it should also fit with your lifestyle. If you live in a busy home with children and dogs, you may want to consider a stain resistant carpet.
- There are loads of ideas out there, and you can find inspiration online or in style magazines. Call in store and take home some samples before before buying.
- Ask for advice from sales staff. Ours are always very happy to help and have years of training and expertise – make the most of it!
- Get measured up accurately by a professional. You will minimise waste and cost in the long run.
- Pick your paint colour after your carpet. There’s an infinite choice of paint colours and you don’t want to limit your carpet selection!
- Don’t cut corners when it comes to underlay and fitting. A carpet perfectly fitted to British Standard with good quality underlay will look great and increase the life of your carpet. A professional fitting by the Carpet Superstore will entitle you to a full manufactures warranty.
There’s a lot to think about… If you need expert help with your next carpet, call in for a chat in our newly refurbished store in Washington.